Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to Jon - Chapter 20 - 3/2/09



When Jon walked backstage he knew he had to explain to the kids especially Jesse why talking about a mom would make Mika sad.

“Jesse come here. We need to come to an understanding.” Jon would say as Jesse sits down next to him.

“Mika is not trying to replace your mom. She’s my girlfriend; I wasn’t going to introduce you to her this early but well you met her early. Your mom is always going to be your mom, but we aren’t married anymore sweetie, she has someone new in her life. Mika is new in my life.”

“Dad she’s in your life not mine. She’s not my mom.”

”Jesse I know that. I need you to stop being like this. When you start going off and getting all mean about her being your mom you are hurting her. She’s not trying to be Jesse but her mom died recently. Do you know what death is?”

”Yes it's like mom’s uncle Sam- he died.”

”Right Jesse but this was Mika’s mom and they were very close, it would be like you losing me it hurts her to think about it and talk about it so she doesn’t need you being mean to her right now for no reason. She’s not trying to hurt you Jesse so stop trying to hurt her.”

”OK if you say so dad.”

“And I want you to apologize to her.”

”For what?”

”For me. I want my son to be nice and kind to the new woman in my life she doesn’t turn tail and run.”

”Turn tail and?”

”Just apologize to her Jesse for being mean. Show her respect as someone in Daddy’s life that he would like to stay around. OK?”

”OK dad. Why do you care what she thinks of me?”

“Well because first of all you’re my son. She respects that. She didn’t even strangle you when you were being a brat because you’re my son and she knows seeing me with someone other than mom probably confuses you.”

”She wanted to strangle me?” Jesse asked shocked.

“If she didn’t want to I did. I know this is hard buddy, I’ve been with your mom for 20 yrs longer than you’ve been alive. I’m just trying to find my way buddy.”

”On this lost highway?” Jesse smiled.

1 comments:

Scarlett March 3, 2009 at 7:58 PM  

Lol Jesse! Glad they had a nice heart to heart, now I wanna see how Mika responds.