Monday, March 2, 2009

Chapter 18

Mika would be working with Marsha setting up Jon’s side stage when suddenly a 14 yr old blond hair blue eyed girl walks up to here and says “Mika?”

“Yes Stephanie, how are you?” Mika says upon turning around.

“I like you, you make my daddy smile.”

“Well thank you, he makes me smile too.”

“You’re welcome.”

”Between us, he and mom weren’t good anymore. Do you love him?” Steph asked immediately and Mika is very relieved to see Jon walk up with the rest of the kids in tow.

“Steph this is Mika, Mika this is Steph. Now you’ve met will you come back stage please?”

”HI” Romeo stated and leaned towards Mika holding his arms out. Mika would take him because he looks like he’s about to fall otherwise.

“I like you-daddy smiles.”

Mika smiled at Romeo, “I like you too, you’re daddy smiles when he talks about you all the time.”

”Want money?” Jesse says out of no where.

“JESSE BONGIOVI” Jon scolded and Mika looks at him like Jon its ok.

“No Jesse I have enough money of my own, thank you very much.”

“So you want to be in the papers.” He’d state like he’d know.

“JESSE JAMES!” Jon scolded.

“Dad I need to find out. Cos you aren’t thinking.”

“No Jesse I’d rather not be in the papers. Besides I’m just in the road crew.”

”You can fool the young kids but Steph and I know you’re his girlfriend now. So I need to find out about you.”

Mika still have Romeo and she just flippantly looks at Jesse. “So are you going to hate me forever or are you going to get over your tude soon and try to get to know me?”

Steph laughs, ‘Busted”

“Shut up Steph!”

Jon then looks at me and asks me to watch the kids. He quickly takes Jesse by the ear and brings him up into the rafters of the arena, away from prying ears.

“OH shit he’s in trouble.” Steph would say.

“Is your dad mad?”

”Oh yes. But he won’t ell at him in public. What should remain private, will.” Stephanie tells Mika and she just nods knowing the Bon Jovi motto’s well.

“Yep I got that memo.” Mika says.

“Yes, he’ll be scolded and then come and apologize to you for being rude and to me for saying shut up cos that’s not allowed in our family. I bet I’ll get in trouble next though.”

”Why?”

”Dad didn’t want the kids to meet you yet but when I saw his smile I had to find you. Jakey is my shadow and Romeo follows him so when I came out to see you I got them all out.”

”Oh oh.”

”Yep but it was worth it I had to meet his girlfriend.”

”We just started dating Steph, do you mind me calling you Steph or do you prefer Stephanie?”

”Steph is fine, and my dad doesn’t date Mika. In case you missed the memo he’s a little bit famous so him going to dinner and the movies is difficult.”

”So are you dating someone?”

”Yes and he’s 16 dad doesn’t like him.”

“Well you seem very adjusted considering who your dad is and your parents…”

”You can say it, aren’t together anymore. That’s mom’s mistake not dad. She messed it up.”

”Your dad told you everything that happened?”

”No, I heard her talking to her friend one afternoon. Dad and I bond. I’m daddy’s little girl. But he didn’t want me in the middle so all he ever told me is it was between them. I’m sorry about your mom. Dad did tell me that, it sucks.”

”Yes it does. Thanks Steph.”

0 comments: