Saturday, October 11, 2008

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

“No this is the kind of conversation I want to have with fans this is what I don’t get to have. When I do a meet an greet they come back stage and scream –literally – I need my hearing so I tell you it's always loud screaming. The meets are structured so much because they haven’t been rewarding for the band for lack of a better term for years. It's nice to meet the people that buy my records but more often than not it's; I think you’re so hot, I think your sexy, I’d like to fuck you – and I’m like ok great thanks – I had a woman in my life for 28 yrs I didn’t need or want to hear that. It’s seldom I could meet a fan that could coherently talk to me the first time I met them. I don’t get that to this day I don’t get the screaming and gushing they do.”

“Jon what were you like the first time you met Bruce? You had butterflies and were nervous right?” Mika asked.

”Yeah for like 2 min and then I wanted to play guitar with him.”

“But Jon not every person that likes your music can actually play music. If your fans can’t get to you on that level they want on some level to let you know how important your music is. Take me for example I’m a huge Jovi fan but I can’t play Wanted. Hell I can’t play Make A Memory and that’s a whole lot of plucking. Your fans are trying to let you know in someway how much you and by you I mean the band, means to them. This being said now not from an employee but a fan, I want you to know how incredibly important Bon Jovi has been to me throughout my life.” She explained softly.

“Ok why will you tell me your innermost thoughts now and wouldn’t talk to me for weeks?”

“Because you stopped by Jon Bon Jovi when we came up here to talk, I see you are a real person, one on one you are just a guy so I can talk to you like you’re just any other guy now.”

“Great, tell me about this feeling you have for our music.” Jon wanted to know it actually interests him. He can tell Mika being on the road has helped her he just doesn’t know why.

Mika told him “Your fans wouldn’t be around this long if they didn’t appreciate your music. Women are always going to go on and on about you being hot – lets face it you are, but get over it you aren’t all that.”

Jon looked at her and asks, “Was that a compliment or a slam I’m not sure?” He would be laughing it's been too long since someone’s talked to him like this.

“Don’t know.” Mika laughed too.

“What I’m saying is don’t count the conversation out just because that’s the way it starts. The first time I met you I wouldn’t talk to you at all.”

“yeah one word answers and then you were hugging my brother .”

“pout much.” Mika laughed.

Suddenly over the walkie talkie’s they both carry they hear “Jon to the stage – Jon to the stage priority 1.”

“I’ve gotta go be the boss. Thanks for the talk we aren’t done yet.” He smiled and ran down the stairs and ran to the stage. Already expecting to have to put a fire of some sort out.

0 comments: