Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Within a week Mika was in Jersey and had figured out where Bon Jovi Enterprises offices were. She had literally come in and requested a job application for the road crew, she was told they weren’t hiring. She left for the day and came back the next day. Same story, different day. Mika refused to give up. She knew in her soul this was the only way to get back to being her again, she knew this kind of a life for a year or so would do her well. By Friday they finally decided she was actually interested in a job more than just the band so they gave her an application and someone sat down to interview her. Within minutes of the interview, Mike the guy conducting the interview told her, “You’re overqualified.”

“I don’t care, this is the job I need.”

“Hold on.” He gets up and goes to get Tony. Mika had seen pictures of Tony when he was younger so she couldn’t tell if the man walking to her was Tony or not.

“Mika, hi, I was wondering do you know who I am?”

”Maybe.”

”It’s pretty much a yes or no question.”

“Well you might be Tony but I don’t know for sure. I haven’t seen a picture of you in a while.”

“Alright Mika I’m going to be frank about this – you don’t come here to meet the band.”

“IF all I wanted was the meet the band I’d stand behind the arena after a show or camp out at the hotel that they are staying in. I have a media arts production background, video and audio. I ran sound for live shows and in the studio; I’ve even produced a cd while in college. I’ve worked in Radio and TV. I worked for a friend’s band for set up and tear down. I have a background in this. When I got my bachelors degree they asked me what I wanted to do with my life and I said manage Bon Jovi. Mind you I was 18 but still. Trust me there has been a lot of shit that’s gone on in my life lately Tony and I need Jovi to help me deal.”

Tony can’t believe she just swore in a “interview”. He looks at Mika and her eyes seems somewhat off.

“Mika are you ok?”

“NO actually I’m not Tony. This job could fix all that.”

”Mika if you’ve got family problems at home running to the road doesn’t fix them it only makes them worse.”

“Trust me Tony, this is just what the dr ordered.”

“The pay is crap.”

“I don’t need the money Tony I need the experience.”

“Alright welcome to the Jersey Syndicate.” Tony shook her hand and took her picture for her all access pass, he had Mika fill out the appropriate paperwork. He handed her a manila folder of all the information she’ll need. Right before she left his office he looked at her. “I’m sure you know of the brotherhood.”

”Yes what happens in Jovi stays in Jovi.” Mika recited by heart.

”Exactly that goes for the crew too. You’ll see things you probably shouldn’t and we have to know it’ll never go any further. The band gets protected. The road is their safe place to let off steam. Can you do that?” Tony needed the confirmation before the official hiring.

”Absolutely.”

”Alright I just need you to go down stairs and talk to Melissa and pick up your uniform. I’ll meet you at destination 0 at 6am on Thursday.” He smiled to her and shook her hand.

“Thanks Tony you won’t regret this.” Mika smiles for what feels like the first time in a month and leaves to talk to Melissa. Come to find out the uniform is her pic of any 10 black Bon Jovi shirts.

0 comments: