Sunday, February 8, 2009

Chapter 13

Jon hugged her again and smile. “I suppose we should talk about how some of this is going to go huh?”

”What do you mean?”

”Me and my fans. You know I kiss women every single night on stage.”

”Yes I’ve seen you do it about 40 times so far.”

”That’s not going to change, its part of the act.”

”And if I don’t like it?” Mika asked him.

”Then we’ll have problems right off the bat. First of all the fans don’t respect the fact I’m taken, engaged, married it doesn’t matter. Fans think I’m public property.”

”One thing you don’t understand is that I am a fan. I get it. I’ve seen you do it many times.”

”Yes but you’ve seen me many times when I wasn’t yours. Now that I’m yours how is that going to play into it?”

”OH say that again.” Mika smiled.

“What that you’ve seen me many times?” Jon played with her.

“No, the other part.” Mika said rather exasperated.

”That I’m yours.” Jon smirks.

”Yeah I like that.” She smiled. Jon smiled back he knew it's been too long since this beautiful woman has had many reasons to smile. He feels it's his job to make her smile again.

“I am yours. I asked you to be mine and I mean it. I got over being dumb and stupid like cheating on my significant other years ago. I don’t do that shit anymore.”

”Really?”

“Yes really. I’m not the type of guy to cheat on my woman, it's cruel and worthless. If I’m in a relationship and don’t want to be I’m man enough to say so and walk away before hurting that woman by cheating. I figure if you can’t be man enough to break something off then you aren’t man enough to be involved in the first place.”

“What happens to me working for you if this doesn’t work?” Mika unfortunately had seen the darker side of life to often to not try to prepare for it.

”Nothing Pet. If you want to continue working with me you do, if you don’t you don’t.”

”Why don’t I believe that?”

”It's not Bon Jovi Enterprises policy to restrict relationships of staff or crew because we figure people should be adult enough to police their own relationships.”

“And what if I become your manager?”

“We’ll be fine as long as you understand within the world of Jovi I am final saying so for everything with the band – this is my baby. If you hate working for me but want to stay with me we can do that too. Or the other way around, I can be professional with someone I’ve kissed or done other things with before.“ Jon stated with all seriousness.

“Are you too good to say Bon Jovi now?” Mika smiled at him, letting him know she heard him but yet wanted things to remain light.

“OH I so walked into that one. You my ladylove are a prize.” Jon then leaned into Mika and tenderly laid his hand on the side of her face. He brought his head towards her, his lips tenderly caressing hers. Not wanting to scare her or have Mika believe he’s with her for the wrong reasons he doesn’t even ask permission for his tongue to dance with hers. Next time. This time he just wanted her to feel the tender caress of his lips against hers.

1 comments:

Scarlett February 11, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

Ok, so I'm finally caught up and HOOKED! I love the banter in their relationship and how he's out to help her heal. I just hope he doesn't make it all work and no fun! There's about a million things to comment on but I can't remember any of them right now, other than MORE PLEASE!